Updated Exhibitor Information as of 2/6/2020
Thank you for being part of #ThisIsIowa Legislative Showcase 2020.
Important Information For ALL that purchased tickets to Showcase:
- Event will be held 5 – 7:30 PM on March 2, 2020 held at the Iowa State Fairgrounds (Elwell Family Food Center)
- Please be ready to go by 4:30 PM as we do expect early arrivals.
- By 4 PM please move your vehicle so we can have the front parking spots for our legislators and guests.
- We have invited all senators & representatives, IEDA staff & board to the event (175 total). There will be approximately (120 total) on the exhibitor side.
- TFI will be giving each legislator two official invitations to showcase. One placed in their mailbox at the State Capitol in early January while the other will be placed in their legislative mailbox at the Capitol shortly before showcase.
- Name badge identification:
- Elected Officials: White badge with purple ribbon
- IEDA Staff and Board: Blue badges
- Exhibitors: Green badges
- We encourage you to invite your legislators, nothing is more persuasive than a personal invitation from a constituent. If you would like to reference who your legislators are, click here for a list. Please invite your legislators by email, phone call or in person to encourage them to attend showcase.
- Invitation 2020 #ThisIsIowa Legislative Showcase
- We encourage you to take photos with your legislators when they visit your booth to share on your social media and also on TFI’s Facebook page. You can also share this picture with your legislator so they can use it in upcoming communication. (#ThisIsIowaShowcase2020)
- Share with your community that you were part of showcase. A sample press release to submit to your local newspaper.
- We encourage you to be prepared at Showcase please review the following:
If you are Exhibiting Please Review the Details Below:
- Exhibitors are allowed to bring a 3 ft or 4 ft tall banner with you to showcase. Please ensure you register for the correct size during registration.
- Travel Federation of Iowa will provide a small (approximately 2.5 foot) vintage table to put your items on. NOTE: we will have some exhibitors sharing tables. The committee’s vision is to have our exhibitor open allowing open conversation.
- Exhibitors are responsible for bringing serving trays, bowls, napkins, cups, etc. (anything you need to serve the item you are bringing). Baskets, suitcases, and other vintage travel themed items will be available for distributing your giveaway items and packaged food if you indicated that you were bringing something. If your plans have changed and you are now bringing an item you did not include on your registration contact the Rebecca Peters (Okoboji Tourism) ASAP.
- If you would like to bring a small sign saying what you are giving away, feel free to (see example below). A sign is not required – your choice.
Exhibitor Setup Times:
11 Am – 2 PM on Monday, March 2, 2020
3:30 – 4:30 PM on Monday, March 2, 2020
- Everyone must be setup and ready to go by 4:30 PM on March 2, 2020, as we do expect early arrivals.
Event Time, Date & Location:
5 – 7:30 PM on March 2, 2020 held at the Iowa State Fairgrounds (Elwell Family Food Center)
7:30 PM – Banner tear down begins. We ask that you do not take down your banner early as some legislators do not arrive until later in the evening.
- Please bring everything you need to serve your samples – including: napkins, cups, platter, container, etc.
- There is no electricity provided
- In-Kind Forms must be filled out by each exhibitor. Our lobbyist must file a function report with the state of Iowa summarizing what was spent on food, beverage, etc. at TFI’s Legislative Showcase. In-kind forms must be completed at showcase and should be returned to the registration table. If you would like to submit the form ahead of time please feel free to. Scan and email to ; subject line: Exhibitor In-Kind Expenditures Form
- For unloading feel free to park close to the Elwell building during setup time, however by 4 PM please move your vehicles so we can leave the close parking spots for the legislators.
- In addition to being a premier sponsor for the #ThisIsIowa Legislative Showcase, Iowa Gaming Association and Wes Ehrecke have volunteered to take any leftover food you may have from your organization to the Churches United Shelter in Des Moines at the conclusion of showcase. In order to make this distribution easier and to keep the leftovers as fresh as possible, we ask that you bring smaller containers and/or baggies/wrap for the leftovers you wish to donate. We thank IGA and Wes for their willingness to do this for everyone attending showcase.
We are looking forward to a successful event. If you have any questions please contact on of the following:
Rebecca Peters, #ThisIsIowa Legislative Showcase Chair
firstname.lastname@example.org | 712-332-2209
Tavis Hall, Travel Federation of Iowa President
email@example.com | 319-233-8350